I'm writing this a few days early because I am too excited about my official 12 Days of Christmas countdown. As many of you know I will be taking the holiday season off to prepare for a big move within the paper mill. It has been difficult to sit this season out but I think the rest will be beneficial while I settle into the new space. This list of items are a combination of personal goals for the new year, updates on upcoming events and announcements for new projects. So here it is, my 12 Days of Christmas countdown!
1. Better business organization (this is tremendous & for the first time I feel like reading all of these business books are paying off!) & accepting chip cards!
2. New location for the Petrichorpaper paper mill: the paper mill will be relocating to Randolph, New York (1.5hr south of Buffalo). This does not mean I will be abandoning Buffalo! I will still be committing to workshops, vendor sales, etc. in that area.
3. Open studio/workshops: these will be available in Summer 2017 and a schedule will be announced in the spring.
4. Specialty workshops: also available later in 2017. Schedule will be posted once available. These sorts of workshops will include in-depth seasonal papermaking (harvest walks, natural dyes, inclusions), holiday-themed workshops, potluck & papermaking events, etc.
5. Fiber Farm: this is a goal for late 2017 or early 2018. The space will be decided upon and then prepped throughout the year.
6. Residency: another goal for late 2017-2018. Indeed, the Kickstarter campaign I initially launched was a lofty goal and I have received many messages with suggestions for another campaign. Everything is being considered and mapped out so you can look forward to another campaign launch later in 2017.
7. MS Week: I've been wanting to do this since I started Petrichorpaper and this will be the first year I can actually commit to it! This is a cause that is dear to me and every year I celebrate the date of my diagnosis (which just so happens to be during MS Week). Instead of long hikes, good books & coffee I can celebrate in the studio! At the end of MS Week 1/2 of all proceeds earned will be donated to a local MS chapter.
8. Steady inventory for online & in-store shops: Since I am dedicating the amount of time necessary to keep up on inventory I will have a consistent & steady presence within my online shops (petrichorpaper.com, Etsy, soon to be: Amazon, ScoutMob) and in-store consignment (Buffalo ShopCraft, Western New York Book Arts Center). With that said I am always open for other retail options. If interested, please contact me.
9. Buffalo Indie Weddings: yes, weddings! Wedded-to-be, I will have stationery/invites/various paper goods available! Look for me during their Spring event.
10. Increased vendor appearances: I am hoping to expand my range of vendor appearances. There are so many vendor events that would be perfect for paper products and I hope to deliver. Contact me if you have suggestions for vendor events.
11. New beater: this is a Christmas 2017 idea. I am hoping to be able to purchase a Reina beater by the end of next year. Keep your fingers crossed that we can make this happen!
12. Membership program!: I am most excited about the possibility of this program. This sort of investment helps me dedicate most of my time to making paper...for a living! The best part? You can sign up now! Details can be found in the Membership section of Services on this website. It is a one-year membership with quarterly mailings. Prices range from 100-175$.
That is it for now and I wish you all happy holidays. Best wishes and safe travels.